6 min to read
LinkedIn Advertising: A complete guide to excel in 2022
Linkedin marketing and advertising
LinkedIn is the worlds largest professional network with 750M+ professionals, out of which over 80% of the members drive business decisions and have 2X the buying power of the average web audience. LinkedIn is undoubtedly the number one platform for B2B lead generation, and with the proper LinkedIn advertising strategy, you could easily reach your ideal customers on the world’s largest professional network. You could work with us, the leading digital marketing agency to assist you in LinkedIn marketing.
In this guide of LinkedIn advertising, we would be focusing on the types of ad formats available, how you could create an exciting ad, and discuss the steps to achieve your lead generation goals.
Create a free LinkedIn page for your brand to attract followers and build brand awareness
How to create a company page on LinkedIn
A LinkedIn page works as the destination for your target audience to find you and acts as the voice of your organisation on LinkedIn. It could work as the destination to know more about your brand, product or services, job opportunities and interact with members on LinkedIn as an organisation.
Here are the points to keep in mind while creating a LinkedIn page for your business:
- Ensure that there is no other page on LinkedIn of your organisation. Every page has a unique URL that is structured as: linkedin.com/company/[Your Company Name]
- You must already have a LinkedIn profile with your real first and last name and confirm the email address associated with your personal LinkedIn account.
- Claim your page if it is already on LinkedIn as a listing page
- Give complete information about your brand because the complete pages see a 30% increase in weekly page views, as per LinkedIn
- You must also add other super admin struggled page because LinkedIn doesn't allow to replace or remove admin's and can't provide page admin information. Hence in case a super admin loses access to the page or leaves the organisation in the future, it would be a hassle to get access to the page.
Types of LinkedIn Ads to promote your business
LinkedIn sponsored ads
Native ads that appear in the LinkedIn feed
You could use sponsored ads in the following formats:
- Single Image Ads
- Video Ads
- Carousel Ads
- Event Ads
You would need a LinkedIn page to start with sponsored ads. You could create posts that would appear on your LinkedIn page and in the newsfeed of your followers. You could easily boost these pages to your target audience or use direct sponsored content to test ads on a specific group of audience without publishing them on your LinkedIn page. On the campaign manager page, you could easily measured your campaign performance based on various metrics like impressions, clicks understand your audience better with demographic reporting. LinkedIn also allows you to install LinkedIn Insight Tag to track leads and conversions on your website.
LinkedIn Sponsored Messaging
Sponsored messaging is the LinkedIn advertisement format where you could engage with your prospects in the message section to start conversation with your target professionals.
It is a great option to reach your audience in their message box in a personal way and keep the prospects engaged to drive quality results.
LinkedIn allows you with two formats in sponsored messaging to spark the right action as per your need.
You could send direct and personalised message to your prospects with a link to your landing page to spark immediate action. You could pair it with Leeds and ad formats to drive quality leads for your business.
It is useful to start conversations with your prospects and give them options to let them choose their own path experience. Your message could have more than one call to action to let the prospects have an experience as per their need.
The first step towards getting started with sponsored messaging is to pick up the sender who could be relevant and credible to your audience and could serve as the face of your brand. The next step is to choose your ad format and determine what you're offering to your audience. If you have multiple call to actions, you could go with conversation ad campaigns, otherwise you can go with message ad campaigns.
In the campaign manager section, you could get a valuable audience insights about your audience, and in the case of conversation ad, you can also get insights about detailed click reporting and how engaged they are in the conversation.
LinkedIn text ads
The text ads show up along the top and right hand corner of LinkedIn’s desktop feed and could be a great opportunity to build strong leads with a professional demographic. If you are on a tight budget, LinkedIn text ads could be a great way to cast a wide net.
You could easily create your own budget and ads without any long-term commitment or contracts. You could pay for the ads based on per click or per impression. With the help of conversion tracking, you could easily track the number of leads you're getting from your ads on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn dynamic ads
Dynamic ads are designed in a way to automatically excite your prospects by personalising the ads for them. LinkedIn would use your prospect’s profile data like photo, company name, job title, and more to personalised experience for your audience and automate the individualised campaigns at scale throughout the LinkedIn desktop. Dynamic apps are a great method to build brand awareness, increase followers for your LinkedIn page, and generate leads.
LinkedIn Ads Objectives
LinkedIn allows you to advertise with objectives in mind to create campaigns around specific business goals. LinkedIn allows mainly three types of objectives, awareness ads, consideration ads, and conversion ads on LinkedIn. Let us dive deeper into the aforesaid objectives to have a better grasp on how businesses can walk through all stages of a funnel and achieve their desired goals.
LinkedIn Advertising to create awareness
The awareness ads could help your brand to get on to top of people's minds and help you come in the view of a number of people on the internet. It could be helpful if you want to get more views for your posts, increase in followers and get more engagement. Though these ads are costlier than the other platforms, you could get a better return because of the presence of professionals who have more decision making power and 2X the buying power of the average web audience.
LinkedIn Advertising for consideration
The consideration ads could help you get qualified leads by increasing the website visits, enhance engagement rate, or increase the video views to leave a lasting impression in the minds of the people who were somewhat familiar with your brand. You could choose “website visits” as your goal if you want more eyeballs on your landing page or direct the LinkedIn traffic to your website.
It is evident that if your target audience likes, comments, or shares your post, or visits to your other social media platforms and websites, it means they are somewhat interested in your product or service and have a familiarity with your offering and the brand. You could choose “engagement” as your objective if the aforesaid is your objective.
You could also choose “video views” as an option to get more eyeballs in your shared videos which could share your business story, information about the latest products, or anything that could excite your prospects.
LinkedIn Advertising to get conversions and leads
If your business school is at the last stage of sales funnel, and intends to generate leads or drive sales, you could use conversion ads on LinkedIn. The Lead generation objective allows you to gain leads, and the people who clicks on your ad are subjected to form pre-filled with LinkedIn profile data.
The website conversions objective allows you to let the website visitors perform a specific task on your website, like, signing up to a newsletter, purchasing a product, or downloading an e-book.
If you have a job opening in your company, you could use Job applicants objective to spread the word of mouth about your company's latest job opening with the job post.
LinkedIn Advertising best practises to reach a highly segmented target audience in 2022
- Narrow down your audience size to keep it in a range between 100K to 300K users
- Divide your budget into smaller campaigns to be more precise and have a better data insight
- Start with the lowest CPC bid and gradually increase the bid to get better results
- Use A/B testing to see which version of your ad performs better
- Be highly specific with the demographics to ensure your ads are reaching the right audience
- Make use of the exclude feature, if you don't want a specific group of people to see your ads, if they don't fit in your target audience
LinkedIn Ad Creatives Best Practices
- Create compelling content to catch the attention of your target audience and give them a reason to click on your ad
- Ensure that you use strong call to action phrases like cry, download, request a quote, or sign up
- As you already know that the LinkedIn background colour is neutral, hence the images with bright colours are more likely to catch the attention of your audience
- Refresh your apps with new text or images at least once per month to maintain the freshness and stop the declining of CTR
- As per LinkedIn, Tuesday and Wednesday are optimal days to launch message ads
- You could make use of LinkedIn ads rotation to optimise your campaign results
CodeDesign is a leading:
- Amazon marketing agency, and
Feel free to contact us to see the unprecedented growth of your business.